Salary / Pay:
Starting at $12 per hour; plus tips
13044 W Rancho Sante Fe Blvd, Avondale, AZ 85392
Store Opens in October 2020
Modern Grind is looking for honest, professional, genuine, fun/upbeat, baristas to provide high quality drinks, customer service and a smile to our patrons! We value charities, sports teams, schools, churches, PTO’s, clubs, sports teams, Police, Fire, nonprofits, and look to hire those who enjoy supporting the community too. We are looking for baristas who take pride in the final product, increasing sales, and minimizing waste. We know that people aren’t perfect, but we want to be as perfect as possible for our amazing customers!
Baristas will be responsible for greeting customers, mastering recipes, answering questions regarding the menu and ingredients, cleaning and sanitizing the shop and equipment, taking orders, paying attention to detail and making the workplace fun! To be successful in this role, you should be able to work various shifts including holidays and weekends. We will work with college and high school schedules.
- Greet customers; with a spunky, fun and professional attitude
- Answer questions regarding ingredients and recipes, and take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Prepare and serve beverages and small food items while following recipes and customer requests
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Keep the store and equipment clean, take out trash, etc (Cleanliness is a top priority)
- Participate in social media engagement in a positive light
- Use brewing equipment properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with all health and safety regulations (Super Important)
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
- Attend short weekly success meetings (shout outs and ideas are shared)
- Keep busy at work, ensure drinks are made properly, and strive for excellence
- Applicants must have a reliable means of transportation, a cell phone, and a winning mindset!
- Previous work experience as a Barista or Waiter/Waitress preferred
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Flexibility to work various shifts including weekends and holidays
- Basic math skills
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma; relevant training is a plus
Modern Grind is looking to grow rapidly over the next few years and will have many full and part time positions available. There’s room for growth and we are eager to hire from within! We will also have sales competitions periodically.
You will learn valuable workplace skills. You will develop a strong work ethic, build lasting relationships and develop a strong community base.