Salary / Pay:
Depending on Experience; Starting at $32k/annual salary
13044 W Rancho Sante Fe Blvd, Avondale, AZ 85392
Store Opens in Septemeber 2020, Manager Starts in Early August
Modern Grind is looking for an honest, professional, genuine, upbeat, manager with a winning mindset to organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide incredible drinks and service to our patrons! We value charities, sports teams, schools, churches, PTO’s, clubs, sports teams, police, firefighters, and military. We look to hire those who enjoy supporting the community. Sharing this mindset is a huge plus! To be successful in this role, you should have experience in various roles in coffee shops. You should also be available to work during opening hours, including holidays and weekends. Your expertise and stellar attitude will increase profitability, boost customer engagement, and turn our drive thru into a must-stop, local favorite coffee shop!
Our manager will be responsible for handling day-to-day operations, training, record keeping, tracking inventory, and nurturing relationships with customers and staff. It is expected that our manager will be working in the shop as a barista for part of their workday as well as fulfilling their other responsibilities.
Modern Grind’s Manager will be responsible for the following; (including but not limited to):
- Manage day-to-day operations of the store
- Hire and onboard new wait staff and baristas
- Train employees on drink preparation and proper use of coffee equipment; as well as proper cleaning and sanitization techniques, proper customer service
- Schedule shifts for baristas
- Monitor daily expenses and revenues; maintain/update records
- Order supplies; coffee, milk, food products, paper products
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preference
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers and staff to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Weekly Management Brainstorm Sessions to improve operations
- Weekly Team Meetings (short team builders & shout outs to high performing baristas)
- Work experience in a fast food/café/coffee shop (Management experience preferred)
- Hands on experience with professional coffee machines and equipment, blenders, ovens, etc
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- High school diploma
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus
- Applicants must have a reliable means of transportation, a cell phone, and a winning mindset!
Modern Grind is looking to grow rapidly over the next few years, and will be looking to hire within for higher level positions. There’s room for growth!
Though we anticipate our benefits package to grow, at this time we are offering our manager semi-annual raises based on performance, revenue, and profits.